Leaders are always adding, subtracting, or changing things in their ministry. Here are 10 questions to consider before you implement change:
- What problem am I hoping this change will address?
- Am I sure that the above problem is the real problem and not merely a symptom of the real problem?
- Why do I think this approach will address this problem?
- Are there any ways in which this action might be misinterpreted by others?
- Have I ever tried this before (the proposed action, change, etc.) …what were the results?
- Do I know anybody who has done this before who can share with me their experience?
- Am I doing this out of my own irritation?
- Is anyone other than me seeing what I see, i.e. the problem.?
- Is there anybody who I should run this by before taking the next step?
- What has worked in the past to achieve this end other than what I’m planning? Is there any other way to hit this target or achieve my desired result?