As a pastor, the leadership you provide will either make or break your church. As John Maxwell famously says, “Everything rises and falls on leadership.”
Not everyone is on the same level of leadership. Some pastors are a 1, where others may be a 5.
The great news is that no matter where you are as a leader, you don’t have to stay that way. You can increase your leadership ability. Better yet, you should.
There are many ways get better as a leader, but one of the best, easiest, and cheapest ways to grow is simply to read the all of the best leadership books you can get your hands on.
So what are the best leadership books for pastors?
The best leadership books for pastors:
• The Bible by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit
• The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
• Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels
• Leadership Axioms: Powerful Leadership Proverbs by Bill Hybels
• 7 Habits of Effective Ministry by Andy Stanley
• Next Generation Leader: 5 Essentials for Those Who Will Shape the Future by Andy Stanley
• The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
• Spiritual Leadership: A Commitment to Excellence for Every Believer by J. Oswald Sanders
• The Catalyst Leader: 8 Essentials for Becoming a Change Maker by Brad Lomenick
All good leaders are constant learners. Soak up as much wisdom from others as you can. Learn from their mistakes so you don’t make the same ones. Learn from their success so you can replicate it.
Never stop learning and never stop leading.