Wednesday, December 11, 2013

#100

This is the hundredth post on this blog and while the readership has not been overwhelming, I hope that what I have posted here has been helpful to you.  I really do believe that God wants to grow churches.  I also believe that God doesn't want to grow churches through transfer growth.

You probably know what transfer growth is.  It's when a member of one church transfers into another church.  How much does the Kingdom of God grow when a member of one church transfers into another church?  It doesn't grow at all.  I mentioned this to a church leader once who is now ordained and his response was, "so what?"  As long as it was a transfer into our church, he was happy.

The problem is, I'm not sure that God is pleased with transfer growth.  There are good reasons to leave one church and join another one.  There are also plenty of bad reasons.

However, there is joy in heaven when one person comes to faith in Christ.  I hope that you understand that the mission field is white for harvest, and if we can partner in some way to bring the harvest into God's Kingdom, let me know.

Blessings on your ministry for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment